Although there was a long standing Parish Church of Saint Cewydd, situated in Diserth (just over a mile from Howey), there was a great need for a new place of worship, closer to where the community were now living, and also for a more modern building.

For some time there was a temporary Iron Mission Church some 440 yards from the current site of Saint David's. The Foundation Stone of the new Church was laid on 30th July 1904, and the Church was consecrated on 20th February 1905 under licence from the Bishop of St David's.


A large banner decorating the back of the Church